Para leer este cuento en Español:

Sunday, August 12, 2007

53 Keeper Melissa

Since we are going to remain here on Earth for while, I was officially assigned to assist keeper Melissa. My job will be to sort and then archive all the historical information about the work that keepers have been doing on Earth since the beginning of time. This enormous historical archive will then be uploaded onto our drone vessel's computer.

I was told that Keepers can live for a very, very long time. So I got curious and asked Keeper Melissa what her age is. Although she refuses to tell me her exact age, keeper Melissa told me that she has been on planet Earth since before the dinosaur experiment. She also explained that in the very beginning, the Earth's atmosphere was not quite suitable for people and the oxygen levels had to be artificially increased before any humans could even begin to develop.

There are many things  that I still don't understand about the keepers and it will be hard for me to learn all there is about them. It will be hard because, as far as I know, keepers don't seem eager to answer direct questions. For example, each time I ask keeper Melissa something, she always answers with another question. Eventually, her questions end up leading me to discover the answer I originally sought. However, this tedious process always tries my patience

I suppose that the first thing I need to do is learn how to have more patience. I will need a lot more of it working with keeper Melissa. That's  for sure.

No comments: