Para leer este cuento en Español:

Saturday, March 1, 2008

57 Keeper Rebecca


"Oh, grand! So this is the historian, eh? I'm afraid he is not very good looking, . Oh well, we better get started right away. We have soooooo much to do. There are records to keep, entries to make, cross references to check, timeliness to verify, and best of all, new information to gather. Move along. Move along."

I stood there staring at this new keeper with my mouth opened. I was so surprised to hear her say so many words in so little time because I thought keepers did not speak very much.

Keeper Melissa interrupted and said, "This is Rebecca. She is in charge of the central archives and you have been assigned to work with her during your stay here." Then, keeper Melissa just turned around and left us standing there.

"Oh, grand! Well, don't just stand there gawking. I understand that you are here to sort and archive historical information about the Earth and its human inhabitants. As you know, we have been tracking and recording information about this planet from the very beginning. But don't take it from me, just get on that terminal there and begin working. From time to time, I may need you to assist me with the record keeping and will also ask for your help. So long!"

No comments: